This is a Level Two course in the Islamic Studies Curriculum.
“This,” Allah Most High says about the Quran, “is the Scripture in which there is absolutely no doubt.” (Quran, 2:2). The Quran is certainly from Allah Most High. This becomes clear with a study of the text, its proofs, and its preservation. This course is an introduction to the Sciences pertaining to the Quran (‘Ulum al-Quran), which aims to explain what the Qurʾan is, prove its truth, and to understand the tools needed for Qurʾanic commentary.
To do this, it explores how the Quran was revealed to the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), how it has been impeccably preserved down to our times, and why we are certain that it could not have been invented by the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). After this, the only conclusion that remains is that we are certain the Quran could only have been revealed to him by Allah Most High Himself.
- Teacher: Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat
- This course is for teenagers and adults
- It is particularly beneficial for students of the Islamic sciences
- It is a Level Two course. Complete Level One before taking this course.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning about the preservation of the Quran, its miraculous nature, and the various sciences related to it
- Describe how the Quran was revealed.
- Explain how the Quran has been preserved.
- Explain the multiple facets of the Quran’s miraculous nature.
- Confidently answer most questions people have regarding the text, transmission, miraculous nature, and historicity of the Quran.
- Become familiar with the different approaches to understanding the Quran.
- Appreciate the depth of traditional Quranic scholarship specifically, and Islamic scholarship in general.