Whether you’re alone in a car, in the middle of a crowd, throughout the day, as the sun sets, and in the solitary depths of night, Allah is always close. Realizing this can bring much-needed solace in the darkest hours of need, and it can bring new to life the celebrations of His favors.
Knowing that Allah is close, listening when one calls on Him, is what fills a believer with hope, courage, strength, patience, longing, and love. Facing any challenge is made much easier knowing that He is with you. In fact, a constant awareness of Him is the very perfection of faith according to the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace.
In this course, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani guides us through the concept of Allah’s closeness, and how it can be used to enrich one’s practice of the religion and one’s relationship with Him.
Drawing on Qurʾanic verses, prophetic hadiths, and the aphorisms of some of the greatest saints of the Muslims – such as Shaykh Ahmad ibn Ataʾillah al-Sakandari, and Shaykh Shuʿayb Abu Madyan – it aims to furnish us with the means of realizing what Allah’s closeness means.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Increase in love and closeness to Allah.
- Acquire a constant awareness of Allah.
- Gain hope, courage, and strength to face the challenges of life knowing that Allah is close.
- Renew one’s faith through Quranic verses, hadiths, and aphorisms of saints.
- Find solace in the nearness of Allah.