There is a door in Paradise called Rayyan. No one will enter it except those who fast. Allah Himself has declared that fasting is specifically His and that it has a special reward from Him. In order to make the most of this great act of worship, one must know its worth, how to make the most of it, and what to avoid during it. All of these matters are clearly presented in this course by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.
This course is based on the work Maqasid al-Sawm, (The Aims of Fasting), by the great polymath al-Izz ibn Abd al-Salam. It will imbue within you an attachment to fasting as a means of drawing closer to Allah, motivate you to maximize the benefit from fasting and the month of Ramadan, and guide you to the best means of continuing this trend beyond the blessed month.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand with clarity, the higher aims of fasting.
- Learn how to make the most of fasting.
- Discuss what to avoid during fasting.
- Appreciate the great blessing of Ramadan.
- Continue the spiritual high beyond Ramadan.