Instructor: Sayyid Salim bin Umar bin Hafiz
In this course, Sayyid Salim bin Umar bin Hafiz gives an in-depth commentary of a poem authored by his father Habib Umar bin Hafiz, celebrating the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). This short work is called al-Diya’ al-Lami (The Resplendent Illumination). Sayyid Salim offers valuable insights on how we are to connect with the best of creation in a lasting and meaningful way. The full translation is provided by Shaykh Abdurragmaan Khan.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Recognize the great rank of Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).
• Illustrate practical examples of people who brought his love into their lives.
• Gain Insights into the Prophetic Biography.
• Connect with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and develop a love for him.
|Number of Lessons:||6 Lessons|
|Total Duration:||7 hrs 6 mins|
- Teacher: Sayyid Salim bin Umar bin Hafiz
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company