This course is suitable for the student who is at an intermediate level of Arabic grammar, and who wants to deepen his understanding of the essentials of Arabic grammar, in order to arrive at the deeper meanings of Arabic, especially in the Holy Quran.
The author is the erudite scholar, Shams al-Din Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Ra`ini al-Maliki, also known as al-Hattab, one of the prominent scholars of the tenth century after Hijra.
This is one of the best books for the intermediate level Arabic student as it is a famous and commonly used text among scholars.
The student will be able to widen the knowledge that he gained from the previous course and gain more knowledge about composing speech from this commentary, in order to aid him in understanding other Islamic sciences.
This course is another one of our courses on the knowledge of tools (tools used to understand other sciences), and therefore must be taken before proceeding to learn jurisprudence or Quranic exegesis.
The aim of this course is that one become equipped to use this knowledge in Islamic discourse, and one will find great benefit in using this knowledge to better understand the other sciences, such as jurisprudence and exegesis.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
This book “Mutammimah al-Ajurrumiyyah fi `ilm al-Arabiyyah“, fulfills the need of the student who is at an intermediate level in the science of inflection (i`rab) and reviews its most important foundations.
This book discusses speech and what it consists of, and it introduces the concepts of inflections and its signs, its nominative, accusative, and genitive cases, along with the appositive and other styles
This book is important because many Islamic institutes currently use it and it has been expounded upon by many scholars and teachers.
This text has been used for centuries, and ranked very highly, not just among the people of Yemen, but also expounded upon by contemporary scholars.
This book is aimed at intermediate level students, perfectly suitable for this course.
Shaykh Faraz, may Allah preserve him, has also written a commentary on this text in English. He has explained the objectives of the text and has given numerous examples of this. This commentary is important and can be used by anyone who wants to expand their knowledge on this science of Arabic through an English commentary.
- This course is suitable for students who have some preliminary knowledge of grammar and want to gain more on the subject with explanation in English.
- The target audience of this course is anyone who wants to study the Islamic sciences and understand them well.
- Anyone who has studied the Ajurrumiyyah may join this course, or anyone who has completed a beginner’s course in Arabic.
- Anyone who wants to better understand the speech of Arabs and their methods of expression and wants to acquire knowledge about the expansiveness of the Arabic language in composing speech may join this course.
- Know new terminology in the science of Arabic.
- Compose medium-length sentences using correct conjugation and more complex grammar.
- Will understand the effect of grammar and how it changes meanings.
- Use the Holy Quran and poetry of medium difficulty to see how grammatical rulings were extracted from them.
- Benefit from this course in studying other Islamic sciences
- Apply what is learned in a practical way when analysing texts of medium difficulty and their inflection.