Instructors: Shaykh Muhammad Qaylish and Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
This On-Demand course analyzes Shaykh Abd al-Fattah Abu Ghudda’s book titled, The Prophet As a Teacher. It explores the teaching methodology of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). Its goal is to provide the student with an understanding and appreciation of the Prophet’s mercy in teaching his followers.
Shaykh Abu Ghudda was a scholar trained in Aleppo and studied psychology at Al-Azhar University. He was the Mufti of Aleppo and also an instructor of Islamic studies at Damascus University during his lifetime. His book brims with practical examples of prophetic teaching instead of delving into theory. Shaykh Abu Ghudda covers the etiquette for teachers and students, examples of how the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught, and hadiths on teaching.
At the end of this course, students will have a general idea of the 40 lessons Shaykh Abu Ghudda derives from prophetic pedagogy. By taking this course, students will learn practical teaching skills. This will help them to become more effective teachers by improving their methods in teaching and instruction.
Who is This Course For?
• This course is for students of all ages.
• It is particularly beneficial for teachers, parents, and caregivers.
• This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning about prophetic teaching styles.
• It is an On-Demand course. Students do not need any prerequisite courses to successfully complete this course.
• Understand the various teaching methods employed by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).
• Appreciate the importance of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in our lives today.
• Describe the responsibilities of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).
• Understand the four elements of exemplary teachers.
About the Instructor
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani spent ten years studying with some of the leading scholars of recent times, first in Damascus, and then in Amman, Jordan. His teachers include the foremost theologian of recent times in Damascus, the late Shaykh Adib al-Kallas (may Allah have mercy on him), as well as his student Shaykh Hassan al-Hindi, one of the leading Hanafi fuqaha of the present age. He returned to Canada in 2007, where he founded SeekersGuidance in order to meet the urgent need to spread Islamic knowledge–both online and on the ground–in a reliable, relevant, inspiring, and accessible manner. He is the author of: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Faith, Prayer, and the Path of Salvation According to the Hanafi School (White Thread Press, 2004.) Since 2011, Shaykh Faraz has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center.
Shaykh Muhammad Qaylish is a classically trained Islamic scholar teaching at Dar al-Fuqaha seminary in Turkey. He has vast experience in teaching and curriculum development in Islamic institutes in Syria, Turkey, and more.
His teachers include distinguished scholars like Shaykh Abdulrahman al-Shaguri, Shaykh Mahmoud Masri, Shaykh Adeeb Kallas, Shaykh Nour al-Din Itr, Sh Abdulrazzak al-Halabi, and Shaykh Mustafa al-Khen.
Shaykh Muhammad Qaylish has several publications to his credit which include The Actions of the Messenger and Their Usuli Indications for Ahkam al-Sharia, The Repulsion of the Influential Causes and Their Impact on Ahkam al-Sharia, and The Explanation of Salat al-Yakutia in Tasawwuf among others.
|Number of Lessons||4|
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company