This is an On-Demand course about how to live simply and practice renunciation. Minimalist lifestyle and decluttering homes have recently become trendy in society. They're purported to help one focus their attention and lead a more fulfilling and organized life.
However, as Muslims, living simply is a result of the practice of renunciation (zuhd) and has a much deeper meaning. The attainment of zuhd is at the heart of what all prophets and messengers called their people to. We live in this world for only a short time, and we are called upon to live in it like travelers.
By taking this course, students will learn what zuhd means and what it specifically entails. They will learn about what the Quran says about zuhd and the particular instances of zuhd seen in the sunna of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). This course also covers the benefits of living simply and how to make it a family affair. Students will also learn practical steps on how to keep their homes decluttered consistently.
- This course is for teenagers and adults alike.
- It is particularly beneficial for parents or any homeowners.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning about decluttering and living simply.
- It is an On-Demand course. Students do not need any prerequisite courses to successfully complete this course.
- Define zuhd and what it entails.
- Understand the instances of zuhd in the Quran and Sunna.
- Appreciate the benefits of living simply.
- Apply the principles of living simply in times of abundance.
- Understand how to make living simply a family affair.
- Apply practical steps on consistently keeping the home decluttered.