“But no! In fact, you love this fleeting world, and neglect the Hereafter.” [Quran, 75:20-21)
Truly, man has embraced his fleeting desires and worldliness today more than ever before, so what can be done? What should be done? This important Meccan chapter (sura), al-Kahf, points us to what we can do to fix our states—the relationship between faith and its implications of uprightness, and choosing God over all else.
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani touches on the important issues this chapter (sura) presents—why are we encouraged to recite this chapter weekly? How is it a protection from the Dajjal? How did Musa (Allah be pleased with him), Dhu al-Qarnayn, and the youth of the cave—all deal with tribulations?
Shaykh Faraz presents how the “caves”—or lessons given to us in this chapter from the stories of those who came before us give us keys and provision on how to deal with the tribulations of life.
Take this course to deepen your relationship with this beautiful chapter and enrich your relationship with Allah Most High!
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
The Quran is the Book of Guidance. Allah Most High calls us to reflect deeply on it, and the Beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The best of you are those who learn and teach the Quran.” [Bukhari]
The course is based on the great tradition of Quranic exegesis (tafsir), through which the understanding of the Quran has been preserved, protected, and its guidance clarified.
Among the major Tafsir works Shaykh Faraz Rabbani refers to: (1) Tafsir Abu Su`ud; (2) Tafsir Ibn Kathir; (3) Tafsir al-Qurtubi; (4) Hashiya al-Sawi on Tafsir al-Jalalayn; (5) Ibn Ajiba’s al-Bahr al-Madid; (6) Razi’s al-Tafsir al-Kabir; (7) Tafsir al-Alusi; (8) Ibn Ashur’s al-Tahrir wa’l Tanwir; (9) Qushayri’s Lata’if al-Isharat; and (10) Biqa`i’s Nadhm al-Durar, among others.
- This course is for people of all ages.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to deepen their connection with Allah Most High.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand a complete, beautiful Sura of the Quran.
- Appreciate the beauty, depth, and rich meanings of Sura al-Kahf.
- Reflect on the Glory of Allah, His Attributes, and the Truth of His Promise.
- Consider their life relationship with Allah, and their priorities, and have the guidance to put what matters first in their life.
- Act on key principles of guidance, and specific calls to the good that will enable them to prioritize their faith, and bring meaning, beauty, and the clarity and contentment of certitude in their lives.
- Learn key concepts of Islam, including the Glory of Allah Most High, how we view this life and its purpose, the reality of the Hereafter—and, most importantly, what ultimately matters.