Who is Allah, and how do we know about Him; connect with Him; and draw closer to Him? The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) promised Paradise and Eternal Closeness to Allah through learning about Allah’s Names. He said, “Indeed, Allah has ninety-nine Names… whoever encompasses them will enter Paradise.” [Bukhari]
In this course, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani beautifully explains the meaning of the ninety-nine beautiful Names of Allah using the great classical commentaries on the 99 Names–including those of Imam Ghazali, Imam Qushayri, Imam Ibn Ajiba, Imam Zarruq, Imam Kafiyaji, and others.
Not only that, it explains how the beautiful names relate to God’s attributes which are detailed in the Science of Theology.
This course focuses on how each believer can:
(1) understand the meaning of the Names of Allah
(2) connect to Allah through each one of the Beautiful Names, and
(3) embody the implications of each of these names–qualities that make one beloved to Allah, and Each of the Names is explained in a manner that increases one’s awe, reverence, gratitude, and love for Allah.
Allah Most High has blessed the believers with greater means of knowing Him—through these Names—than any follower of any previous Revelation. This is a tremendous blessing.
We also see how the Beloved Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) embodied and exemplified what it means to be a true servant (‘abd) of the Lord with the Most Beautiful Names, Allah Most High.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
This course is based on many of the great commentaries on the 99 Names, including those of Imam Ghazali, Imam Qushayri, Imam Ibn Ajiba, Imam Ahmad Zarruq, Imam Kafiyaji, and others.
- This course is for all ages, and backgrounds.
- It is a General Level course. No prerequisites are required to successfully complete this course.
- This is very useful for Islamic Studies students who have previously studied Islamic Beliefs (‘aqida), as it consolidates and builds upon their knowledge of that science–and shows them how to “apply” the knowledge of Islamic beliefs in their thought, reflection, understanding of reality, and in their devotion.
- Understand the hadith of encompassing 99 names of Allah.
- Learn how the beautiful names of Allah relate to His attributes.
- Connect to Allah through His beautiful names.
- Increase in awe and reverence of Allah.
- Understand how to call upon Allah using His beautiful names.