This course covers the science of Shama’il, or the description of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) based on the famous hadith by Hind ibn Abi Hala.
This hadith was narrated by Hind ibn Abi Hala, who was the stepson of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). He was a master of the Arabic language and was extremely skilled at describing people. Furthermore, having been raised in the house of the Prophet, his hadith conveys a lot of love for him.
There are many benefits of studying the Shama’il, gathering to remember the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), and reciting his life story. Firstly, it increases our love for him, which is the greatest cause for attaining perfection of faith. Secondly, knowing more about his life helps us understand his biography. Thirdly, we are able to call to mind his image when he is mentioned, which is the greatest way to see him.
- Teacher: Habib Muhammad al-Saqqaf
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the physical appearance of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).
- Describe his speech and communication style.
- Describe his good manners with people.
- Increase in love for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and closeness to him.