Are you a young boy? Do you have young boys in your family? This course seeks to empower young Muslim youth with the guidance of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the religion of Islam. Ustadh Amjad Tarsin gives young Muslims the tools to be exemplary and confident people of faith in modern times.
Coming of age can be awkward, challenging, and confusing for both parents and their children. Although many of the changes are biological, they have religious implications as well. This course seeks to provide a framework for young men to learn about the qualities of a true man of faith. By contextualizing the wisdom and example of the Prophet, blessings and peace be upon him, and his companions to deal with contemporary issues, young men will gain insights into the practice, spirituality, and virtue of the believer.
- Teacher: Ustadh Amjad Tarsin
- Coming of age and how it affects your life
- Being like the Prophet, blessings and peace be upon him
- Obligatory knowledge and the importance of seeking it
- The physical changes, moral responsibilities, and masculine qualities
- Private parts of the body and fiqh
- Qualities of good friends and brotherhood
- Drugs, alcohol, and dealing with peer pressure
- Friendships with girls, pictures, and lowering the gaze
- How to treat girls, parents, and elders
- The masculine virtues of manliness, strength, chivalry, forbearance, service, and mercy
- The great historic role models
- The path of knowledge, devotion, and da’wah