All Muslims have the responsibility of having principled engagement with those around them. We should do everything solely for the sake of Allah, repress our anger towards those who wrong us, and show excellence to them. We are obligated to be content with everything because it is from Allah. We should avoid worry because it leads to anger. Instead, we should show concern about what should be done to deal with a problem. Our faith transforms us from having an animal nature to being a human being with traits resembling those of the angels. In particular, we should show mercy to others. We must be patient, forbearing, and humble, and pray for the wrongdoers. We must be people of deliberation and avoid haste because it is from the shaytan. We must seek out righteous people and be in their company. We must be people of God-consciousness, seeking to always do what is best. Allah Most High, says that evil and good are not equal. If someone is bad to you, treat them as if they’re beloved to you. But Allah says that no one can attain this except one to whom He gives a great portion.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Teacher: Shaykh Yahya Rhodus
- Teacher: Ustadh Amjad Tarsin
Display on Both categories: No
Category Featured: No
Show in catalog: Yes
Total Lesson: 16
Number of hours: 7
Skill Level: Beginner
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the responsibility of Muslims to have principled engagement with the people around them.
- Assess the human problem of anger.
- Learn how to keep calm as a community.
- Realize the duty of every individual to serve creation.
- Explain the traits of believers in the face of challenges.
- Learn how to respond to the troubles of the time.
- Implement the sunna of deliberation and consideration.