Instructor: Shaykh Ahmed Saad Al-Azhari
In this captivating series of lectures, Shaykh Ahmad Saad explores the purpose and delivery of the stories of the Prophets in the Quran. He unlocks their aim, which is to direct us towards Allah Almighty and the Day of Judgement.
Among them is the story of the Prophet Musa (peace be upon him), which is discussed here at length. Prophet Musa’s story gives many insights into a wide array of matters, such as the tactics of “divide and conquer” used by Firʿawn to subjugate the Israelites. We follow his career from before prophethood and beyond – learning many lessons from the mistakes of his followers. Other stories covered here are of Prophet Dawud (peace be upon him) and Prophet Sulayman (peace be upon him), who were avid in remembering Allah despite being given vast wealth and power.
We also look at the righteous mother Maryam (Allah be pleased with her) and her son Prophet ʿIsa (peace be upon him), and the story of Prophet Yunus (peace be upon him), who was rescued from difficulties due to his devotion and glorification of Allah. Such stories provide us with real examples of people who were tested in various ways. They teach us many valuable lessons for our lives when we are tested in the same way, even if it is not to the same degree.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Gain guidance from the stories of various Prophets.
• Apply the lessons to their daily lives.
• Explain how the Prophets were tested and how they overcame their tests.
• Understand the tactics used by enemies of God.
• Acquire inspiration to face the challenges of life with faith and gratitude.
About The Instructor
Shaykh Ahmed Saad Al-Azhari is a graduate of Al Azhar University. He studied traditional Islamic sciences at the hands of senior scholars and specialists in Egypt, the most notable of whom are his late father Shaykh Muhammad Saad, Habib Abu Bakr Al-Adni bin Ali Al-Mashhur, and the Grand Mufti of Egypt Sheikh Ali Gom’ah. He memorized the Qur’an at the age of ten and also memorized various Hadith and Arabic books. He holds one of the highest chains in the narration of Hafs from Asim. He also holds numerous ijazas in books of hadith, Shafi'i and Maliki Fiqh, and other sciences. Shaykh Ahmed Saad loves poetry and writes it frequently, mainly in Arabic and sometimes in English.
|Number of Lessons||4|
- Teacher: Shaykh Ahmed Saad Al-Azhari
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company