Instructor: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
You want a shortcut to Paradise? The Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, promised Paradise for something very simple: “Indeed, Allah has Ninety-Nine particular Names – one hundred minus one – whoever encompasses them will enter the Garden.” (Bukhari)
In this course, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani beautifully explains the meaning of the above hadith, its implications, and the meanings of the Ninety-Nine beautiful names of Allah. Not only that, it explains how the beautiful names relate to God’s attributes which are detailed in the Science of Theology. And it focuses on how each believer can (1) connect to Allah through each one of the beautiful names, and (2) how he can embody the implications of each of these names – qualities that makes one beloved to Allah.
Each of the names is explained in a manner that increases one’s awe, reverence, and love for Allah – ultimately allowing the Muslim to know more about God than any follower of any other religion, and to imbue that knowledge into the practice of the way of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Understand the hadith of encompassing 99 names of Allah.
• Learn how the beautiful names of Allah relate to His attributes.
• Connect to Allah through His beautiful names.
• Increase in awe and reverence of Allah.
• Understand how to call upon Allah using His beautiful names.
About The Instructor
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani spent ten years studying with some of the leading scholars of recent times, first in Damascus, and then in Amman, Jordan. His teachers include the foremost theologian of recent times in Damascus, the late Shaykh Adib al-Kallas (may Allah have mercy on him), as well as his student Shaykh Hassan al-Hindi, one of the leading Hanafi fuqaha of the present age. He returned to Canada in 2007, where he founded SeekersGuidance in order to meet the urgent need to spread Islamic knowledge–both online and on the ground–in a reliable, relevant, inspiring, and accessible manner. He is the author of: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Faith, Prayer, and the Path of Salvation According to the Hanafi School (White Thread Press, 2004.) Since 2011, Shaykh Faraz has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center.
|Number of Lessons||49|
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company