The keys of excellence in relations are found in Sura al-Hujurat. It calls to the believers to adopt these standards, appealing to the God-given faith that we have as the motive for making us do so. Shaykh Faraz Rabbani clearly presents the themes of this sura drawing on the wisdom of great scholars such as Imam Fakhr al-Din al-Razi, and Shaykh Ahmad ibn Ajiba.
This course discusses what proper conduct before Allah is; the rank and wisdom of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace; how believers should be towards him; and the immense blessings of faith, guidance, and obedience.
We learn to confirm what we hear before judging and acting, and how to be just and merciful to believers should they have a dispute amongst themselves. Mockery, name-calling, spying, and backbiting are also addressed due to the extremely detrimental effect they have to relations.
The course concludes with looking at what is a real virtue, and how those of virtue should deal with others to manifest it. We see that Allah constantly calls to obedience, yet He also reminds us of His mercy, reminding us to have proper conduct towards Him.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand what is proper conduct before Allah.
- Explain the standards of excellence found in Sura al-Hujurat.
- Discuss how believers should behave towards the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).
- Understand the importance of confirming the news before judging and acting.
- Realize how to be just and merciful to people.
- Explain the harms of mockery, backbiting, name-calling, and spying