“Indeed We have granted you [O Messenger] the Seven Frequently-Repeated [verses] and the Tremendous Recital.” (15:87)
Experts in Qurʾanic commentary have explained that this verse is a reference to Sura al-Fatiha – due to it being repeated by believers multiple times a day in their prayers. They also say that the Tremendous Recital (al-Qurʾan al-ʿAẓīm) is also a reference to the same sura. Its greatness is such that Allah expressed what a great favor He had done to the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, by referring to it with two great titles – as though each is a separate entity.
Having a deep understanding of this sura is essential for those wishing to imbue their prayers with deep devotion and a sense of presence with their Lord. One of the names of the sura is “The instruction of how to ask.”
In these lessons, Shaykh Yahya Rhodus beautifully explained the rich, nuanced meanings of this sura – connecting each point with the deeper meanings of living Islam and attaining closeness to Allah. It’s unmissable.
- Teacher: Shaykh Yahya Rhodus
- Discuss the virtues and importance of the Fatiha.
- Understand the rich, nuanced meaning of this sura.
- Apply the lessons in their daily lives.
- Transform their prayers by reciting with reflection.
- Acquire the tools necessary to attain presence in prayer.