“Whoever remembers Allah abundantly in Ramadan will be forgiven.” – Imam Zaid Shakir. In Ramadan, there are so many opportunities to be forgiven and to become closer to Allah that one does not know where to start. Many people do not realize what is on offer, and so they miss out on the blessings of this tremendous month.
This course contains the distilled wisdom and advice of many leading scholars who show just how one can become beloved to Allah in this month. The advice touches on how best to prepare for Ramadan; the virtues of fasting; how to best spend the days and nights of Ramadan; what the fast of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was like; the states of those beloved to Allah; finding Allah through fasting; turning back to Allah; the recital of the Qurʾan, and much more. This course is a comprehensive approach to getting the most out of Ramadan in its inward and outward aspects.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand how to prepare for Ramadan spiritually.
- Appreciate the tremendous blessings of the month of Ramadan.
- Describe the fast of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).
- Explain how to spend the days and nights of Ramadan
- Understand how to find Allah through fasting.
- Summarize the virtues of fasting.