Instructor: Shaykh Abdul-Karim Yahya
Imam Ahmad narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Those of singular purpose have outstripped [everyone].” The Companions asked, “Who are those of singular purpose?”
He replied, “Those excessive in the remembrance of Allah Most High. The remembrance removes their burdensome sins, so they come to light on the Day of Judgement.”
This is some of the beautiful wisdom shared by Habib Umar bin Hafiz in this important lesson set. He explains what the path to Allah is, and discusses the means and practices needed to get closer to Allah.
The course also discusses the faults the human ego has, and the means of removing them, starting with taking stock of oneself and one’s state, and turning to Allah. Allah is found with those who are broken-hearted for His sake.
These lessons are taught in Arabic and translated into English by Shaykh Abdul-Karim Yahya. This makes this course perfect for those wanting to refine their soul to draw closer to Allah, and those who want to improve their Arabic skills in the process.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Explain the faults of the human ego and the methods of overcoming them.
• Reflect upon their own states and turn to Allah.
• Put into practice the means to get closer to Allah.
• Inculcate the habit of remembering Allah.
|Number of Lessons||9|
- Teacher: Shaykh Abdul-Karim Yahya
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company