Instructor: Shaykh Faid Mohammed Said
Shaykh Faid Mohammed Said offers guidance on upholding one’s faith and nurturing it. He will equip us with fundamental tools and guidelines to address some of the main challenges and concerns we as Muslims in the West are encountering.
Shaykh Faid explains why it is important to uphold mercy and justice with all of Allah’s creation. He gives examples of how the companions tolerated trials and turned to Allah in all situations--remaining firm and embracing the massive tests they faced. He also offers guidance on how connecting to the Qur’an will enable one to increase in faith.
• How to nurture faith in trying times
• Only complaining to Allah about one’s state
• Learning from the righteous of the past and the companions
• Learn how to connect with the Qur’an in trying times
About the Teacher
Shaykh Faid Said was raised in Eritrea, where he was educated by Sheikh Hamid, the Senior Judge of the Shari’ah Court in Asmara. He later moved to Madinah al Munawarah, where he continued his studies under Sheikh Atiyyah Mohammed Salim, the Resident Scholar of Masjid ul Nabawwi and Senior Judge of Madinah. Since that time Sheikh Faid has been invited to lecture all over the world, particularly in Canada, Germany, the Maldives, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the UK. He has also headed Almadina College, a centre of learning in London.
|Number of Lessons:||3 Lessons|
|Total Duration:||2 hrs 22 mins|
- Teacher: Shaykh Faid Mohammed
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company