This is the first course in Qur’anic Understanding Certificate. Students are able to gain a certificate upon completion of all six courses.
It is based on the works of a number of classical and contemporary scholars. Among them, Shaykh al Islam Abu Su’ud, the Mufti of the Ottoman Empire in his time.
It is a detailed thematic and linguistic analysis of the most frequently recited sura, al Fatiha, and the initial few suras in the final 30th of the Qur'an.
Sura al Fatiha acts as an introduction to the relationship between Allah and His servants; it teaches us why we should worship Him and how this worship should be characterized and expressed. Suras al Naba’, al Nazi’at, ‘Abasa, and Takwir, all take our attention to the Day of Judgement, but from different perspectives.
- Teacher: Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat
This course is based on many classical and contemporary tafsirs, such as Ruh al Ma’ani, Tafsir Abu al Su’ud, Nazm al Durar, al Tahrir wa al Tanwir, and others.
- This course is for teenagers and adults.
- It is particularly beneficial for those who have memorized these suras, and those who know some Arabic.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning about the meanings of the Fatiha and the other suras it covers. It is aimed at all Muslims who want to know and see the beauty of the Qur’an, its message, and its proofs.
- There are no prerequisites to this course.
- Understand the deeper meanings of the words of the Fatiha and the other covered suras.
- Understand the themes of these suras, and be able to apply them to the individual verses and their meanings.
- Apply the lessons of guidance from the suras to their lives.
- Apply the teachings to their relationships with Allah and people, to enhance them.
- Reflect on the meaning of the verses and the wisdom and proofs in them, to strengthen their faith.
- Memorize the suras much easily with understanding.