This is the fourth course in Qur’anic Understanding Certificate.
Revelation is the only form of communication humanity can receive from God. This beneficial general-level course looks at the fundamentals of what Revelation is, its means, its themes, proofs, and preservation. The course provides a clear view of what God wants to convey to His creation and the means through which He does so.
This topic is of paramount importance due to the many misunderstandings on this matter prevalent amongst Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat explains the subject in a clear and logical manner dispelling the doubts and misinformation. The goal of this course is to establish with certainty that the Qur’an is from God and that it has been perfectly preserved throughout history.
This course is based on a number of authoritative classical and contemporary works on the Qur’anic sciences. They include the works of Dr. Fadl ‘Abbas, Shaykh ‘Abdul-Azim al Zarqani, Dr Abdullah Darraz, Dr Yusuf Qardawi, Dr Nur al Din ‘Itr, and others.
- This course is for teenagers and adults.
- It is particularly beneficial for those who want clear, concrete proofs of the truth of Islam, and that the Qur’an is from God, and that it remains unaltered.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to learn more about the themes addressed in revelation, and the issue of the Canonical Variant Recitations of the Qur’an (Qira’at).
- There are no prerequisites to this course.
- Define what Revelation is and enumerate its different forms.
- Understand what the main themes of the Qur’an are.
- Understand the multiple avenues from which the truth of the Qur’an can be proved.
- Explain the process of the Qur’an’s preservation in the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and the time of the Companions.
- Explain what the Qira’at are, and how they relate to the Seven Dialects (al Ahruf al Sab’a).
- Summarise the main proofs of the Qur’an’s truth and explain the concept of its inimitability.