This is the fifth course in Qur’anic Understanding Certificate.
This course is based on the works of a number of classical and contemporary scholars. Among them, Shaykh al Islam Abu Su’ud, the Mufti of the Ottoman Empire in his time.
Concluding the study of the final Juz’ of the Qur’an, this module covers from Sura al Duha to Sura al Nas. Each chapter is short and each bears a powerful message. They drive the believers to engage with them through recitation, memorisation, and reflection.
This course is beneficial for all believers. The themes of the concluding chapters of the Qur’an serve to console us, to show us the wisdom of the Judgement, and to direct us to prepare for that day. Ultimately, they teach us to affirm that everything is in the hands of God, and that we need to seek His aid for protection and success.
- Teacher: Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat
This course is based on many classical and contemporary tafsirs, such as Ruh al Ma’ani, Tafsir Abu al Su’ud, Nazm al Durar, al Tahrir wa al Tanwir, and others.
- This course is for teenagers and adults.
- It is particularly beneficial for those who have memorized these suras, and those who know some Arabic.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning about the meanings of the Fatiha and the other suras it covers. It is aimed at all Muslims who want to know and see the beauty of the Qur’an, its message, and its proofs.
- Students studying for the certificate should complete earlier courses in this stream before taking this course.
- Understand the deeper meanings of the words of the suras.
- Understand the themes of these suras, and be able to apply them to the individual verses and their meanings.
- Apply the lessons of guidance from the suras to their lives.
- Apply the teachings to their relationships with Allah and people, to enhance them.
- Reflect on the meaning of the verses and the wisdom and proofs in them, to strengthen their faith.
- Memorize the suras much easily with understanding.