Instructor: Shaykh Mohammed Tayssir Safi
This course covers 40 hadiths on fasting collected by Shaykh Yusuf al-Nabahani. This collection focuses on the merits of fasting in general, fasting the month of Ramadan specifically, and on some of the voluntary fasts recommended throughout the year.
The treatise was compiled by Shaykh Yusuf ibn Ismail al-Nabahani (d. 1932). The goal of the course is to focus on core reports from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) that speak about the aims, etiquettes, and meanings behind the fast. The student will familiarize themselves with these central reports and in doing so familiarize themselves with some of the key meanings of revelation.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Learn the main aims of fasting.
• Recall the key hadith about fasting.
• Gain a general understanding of the etiquettes of the fast.
• Gain a general understanding of the voluntary fasts.
About The Instructor:
Mohammed Tayssir Safi is a doctoral candidate at Ibn Haldun University. At the university’s Islamic Studies department, he specializes in Ḥadīth Studies, with a particular focus on the epistemological framework used in the technical study of ḥadīth. In parallel with his academic studies at the university, Mohammed has been a long-time student of the Islamic Sciences in traditional educational circles. To that end, he has spent years studying in Damascus (Syria), Cairo (Egypt), Tarim (Yemen), and most recently, Istanbul (Turkey). He is also a graduate of Sultan Ahmet Madrasa’s “IKAN,” program, which focuses on Islamic theology (Kalām). Mohammed holds a master’s degree from the University of Michigan in applied linguistics (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language), as well as a certificate in Manuscript Editing from Istanbul’s main Islamic Research institution, ISAM.
Mohammed currently teaches courses in Islamic Theology (Kalām) and Ḥadīth Studies for SeekersGuidance and resides with his family in Istanbul
|Number of Lessons:||26 Lessons|
|Total Duration:||12 hrs 50 mins|
- Teacher: Shaykh Mohammed Tayssir Safi
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company