This course covers 40 hadiths on fasting collected by Shaykh Yusuf al-Nabahani. This collection focuses on the merits of fasting in general, fasting the month of Ramadan specifically, and on some of the voluntary fasts recommended throughout the year.
The treatise was compiled by Shaykh Yusuf ibn Ismail al-Nabahani (d. 1932). The goal of the course is to focus on core reports from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) that speak about the aims, etiquettes, and meanings behind the fast. The student will familiarize themselves with these central reports and in doing so familiarize themselves with some of the key meanings of revelation.
- Teacher: Shaykh Mohammed Tayssir Safi
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Learn the main aims of fasting.
- Recall the key hadith about fasting.
- Gain a general understanding of the etiquettes of the fast.
- Gain a general understanding of the voluntary fasts.