This course explains the introductory suras of the Qur’an. Sura al Fatiha teaches us how to turn to Allah, why He deserves worship, and how we do so in the way He wants. Sura al Baqara expands on the theme of guidance present in Sura al Fatiha. It teaches us how humans are in relation to their faith in God, why He deserves to be worshipped, and how people deviate from this axial purpose of their existence, Through this juz’, believers gain an understanding of the main ways in which people deviate from the truth. This is through an analysis of Banu Isra’il and their interaction with Allah and His Prophets (Allah bless them and give them peace). All of this is based on the authoritative tafsirs of Shaykh al Islam Abu al Su’ud, Shaykh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, and others.
- Teacher: Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat
Display on Both categories: No
Short Intro: The explanation of the first Juz will help you gain an understanding of the main ways in which people deviate from the truth. It covers Sura al-Fatiha and the beginning of Sura al-Baqara.
Category Featured: No
Show in catalog: Yes
Total Lesson: 38
Number of hours: 19
Skill Level: Beginner
- a deep and clear explanation of the first juz’ of the Qur’anic text
- an understanding of the themes of the first two suras and how these themes relate to the verses
- an insight into linguistic nuances in the Qur’an
- an overarching view of the interconnectedness of the Qur’an’s verses.