It covers the Aphorisms of Imam Haddad, a great 12th-century AH scholar who had the unique ability to synthesize and simplify the writings of earlier scholars into works easily accessible for the ordinary Muslims who followed him.
This text is an excellent work that covers various topics related to the subtleties of the heart, providing students with valuable knowledge about conducting themselves with wisdom. The entire text contains 36 aphorisms that follow the chronological order of the final few suras of the Qur'an.
This course serves as an uncomplicated, easy to follow, and beneficial series of lessons for youth to expand their knowledge. Each class leaves students with an understanding of the aphorisms and a practical element applicable to their day-to-day lives.
The incorporation of the Qur'an into each lesson provides students with a general understanding of its meanings. Thus, completing this course will equip students to reflect on the Qur'an's meanings when reciting the verses covered in class.
- Teacher: Shaykh Yusuf Weltch
The Aphorisms of Imam Haddad provide general counsel for the ordinary Muslim about a variety of topics related to the subtleties of the heart.
This text, although not used as a core text of an Islamic studies track, is significant because of the wisdom that Imam Haddad imparts in it. This text is useful for seekers of knowledge because it outlines a method of self-rectification, gearing students to prepare their hearts to take further knowledge.
- This course is primarily for youth, however, it is excellent for adults as well.
- It is particularly beneficial for High School and University students.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning parts of the Qur’an through a lens of self-rectification and purification of the heart.
- Students do not need any prerequisite courses to successfully complete this course.
- Understand each aphorism of Imam Haddad.
- Extend the understanding of the aphorisms to their related Qur’anic verses.
- Practically apply the meanings of the aphorisms to their life.
- Appreciate the simplistic spiritual pedagogy of Imam Haddad.