Instructor: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
This course takes a look at the principles and lessons derived from the guidance of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) when dealing with plagues and pandemics. It covers the major plagues in history that Muslims had to deal with, delineating the worldly and spiritual means that the Muslims took in response to the tribulations. The content of this seminar is directly applicable to how Muslims should respond to the current day’s trial of COVID-19.
Life as we once knew it has drastically changed since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. This seminar provides Muslims with much-needed insight as to how the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) taught his companions to respond to a tribulation of this nature. It provides us with tangible actions to take, both worldly and spiritually when dealing with plagues and pandemics. Many past scholars have written treatises on this topic, which are explored, and have lessons derived from them.
• Prophetic Guidance on Plagues and Pandemics
• Plague in Time of Companions and Their Responses
• Plagues Throughout History and Muslim Responses
• Lessons From the Plagues
About The Instructor
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani spent ten years studying with some of the leading scholars of recent times, first in Damascus, and then in Amman, Jordan. His teachers include the foremost theologian of recent times in Damascus, the late Shaykh Adib al-Kallas (may Allah have mercy on him), as well as his student Shaykh Hassan al-Hindi, one of the leading Hanafi fuqaha of the present age. He returned to Canada in 2007, where he founded SeekersGuidance in order to meet the urgent need to spread Islamic knowledge–both online and on the ground–in a reliable, relevant, inspiring, and accessible manner. He is the author of: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Faith, Prayer, and the Path of Salvation According to the Hanafi School (White Thread Press, 2004.) Since 2011, Shaykh Faraz has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center.
|Number of Lessons:||3 Lessons|
|Total Duration:||1 hrs 36 mins|
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company