Instructor: Shaykh Farid Dingle
“Whoever travels a path to seek knowledge, Allah thereby facilitates for him a path to Paradise.” (Muslim) This course is the first step in your pursuit of religious knowledge by Ahmad bin Zayn al Habashi, one of the great Shafi'i scholars of Yemen. It explains what your religion is, what you must know about it, and how you should learn it. This course is taught according to the Shafi‘i school.
About the Text
The Encompassing Epistle (al-Risala al-Jami'a) is one of the most celebrated introductory textbooks in the Shafi'i school.
About the Author
Ahmad ibn Zayn ibn ‘Alawi ibn Ahmad al-Habashi was from Hadramaut region of South Arabia at the beginning of the year 1069H (1659ce). He was a great Shafi'i scholar and a student of Imam Abdullah bin ‘Alawi al-Haddad who taught him more than seventy books including Islamic books on spirituality.
Who Is This Course For?
• This is the first course of law in Level One course in worship for anyone seeking to know the most basic details of the five pillars of Islam according to the Shafi'i school.
• Any student who wants to learn about the basics of belief and worship and wants to start their journey of gaining sacred knowledge should start with this course.
• 1 Hour of Lecture Weekly (attending the live classes).
• 30 minutes of Self Study (reading and reviewing the content).
• 30 Minutes for doing the quizzes.
• Understand how to seek religious knowledge
• Learn the basics of Islamic belief
• Learn the basic rules of wudu, ghusl, prayer, fasting, and zakat
• Learn how to worship Allah Most High with sincerity
Lesson 1: Introduction to the Text
Lesson 2: Explanation of Faith & Beliefs
Lesson 3: Explanation of Submission & Islamic Jurisprudence
Lesson 4: The Different Types of Bleeding for Women
Lesson 5: Conditions, Integrals & Sunnah of the Prayer
Lesson 6: Inner Dimensions & Nullifiers of the Prayer
Lesson 7: The Friday Prayer & Supererogatory Prayers
Lesson 8: Fasting
Lesson 9: Zakat
Lesson 10: Hajj & Umrah
Lesson 11: Purification of the Heart (Part 1)
Lesson 12: Purification of the Heart (Part 2)
About the Instructor
Shaykh Farid Dingle has completed extensive years of study in the sciences of the Arabic language and the various Islamic Sciences. During his studies, he also earned a CIFE Certificate in Islamic Finance. Over the years he has developed a masterful ability to craft lessons that help non-Arabic speakers gain a deep understanding of the language. He currently teaches courses in the Arabic Language.
|Number of Lessons:||12 Lessons|
|Total Duration:||10hrs 20mins|
- Teacher: Shaykh Farid Dingle
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company