One's etiquette in social situations is the key foundation to having strong relationships with other people. This is especially crucial when it comes to the people who have rights over us, such as friends, family, and neighbors. Our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) best exemplified the best character and conduct with the people around him. In this important work Adab al-Suhba (The Etiquette of Keeping Company), Imam Sulami carefully examines numerous examples of the great character of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلّم, so that readers can learn to exemplify these qualities within themselves. Join us weekly for this discussion-based course with Shaykh Faraz Rabbani and Ustadha Shireen Ahmed as they discuss with students the text and how it can be implemented in one's day-to-day life.
This beneficial beginner (Level One) course in Islamic Etiquette is for anyone seeking to improve their conduct in their relationships with other people. It also serves a a good reminder for more advanced students as well.
The goal of this series is to make students more mindful of how they conduct themselves with others and to strengthen their relationships with others (which in turn strengthens the fabric of our society as a whole). Seeking the pleasure of Allah Most High can often be attained through good conduct with other people.
This course allows students to reflect on their own personal conduct, and helps them to identify areas in which they can improve. This will in turn strengthen their personal relationships and help them to be a more conscious member of society.
- Teacher: Ustadha Shireen Ahmed
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
A summary of sixty key proprieties (adab) of keeping company and dealing with others with excellence in accordance with the sunna of the Messenger of Allah (peace & blessings be upon him). The original work was authored by Imam Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Sulami (d. 412 AH). This summary of sixty principles was made by Ibn Hajar al-Haytami (d. 974 AH).
- This is a general course in Islamic Etiquette is for anyone seeking to improve their conduct in their relationships with other people. It also serves a good reminder for more advanced students as well.
- How to improve their conduct with others (friends, neighbours, family, teachers, etc.)
- Inspiration from specific examples of good conduct of the Messenger (peace be upon him)
- Increase of love for the Prophet (peace be upon him)