Do you want to worship Allah confidently? Take this course to get comprehensive and knowledge-based answers to all the questions that you are likely to face in your worship of Allah Most High.
This is a Level One course in Shafi`i school of jurisprudence in the Islamic Studies Curriculum. This course is beneficial for anyone seeking to rectify their ritual acts of devotion to Allah.
This course empowers you to fulfill your ritual acts of worship confidently and provides a basic, yet comprehensive breakdown of worship. It focuses on the detailed rules of purification, prayer, funeral rites, zakat, fasting, spiritual retreat (i`tikaf), pilgrimage (Hajj), trade, and marriage. An outcome of the course is to memorize the text. Its bite size allows for easy memorization.
This indispensable primer text also serves as the ideal platform for further studies. The Short Abridgement was authored by the great Yemeni Shaykh Abdullah Ba Fadl (d. 918 A.H. / 1512 C.E.), whose works have been taught for centuries in traditional institutions all over the world.
- Teacher: Shaykh Muhammad Carr
The Mukhtasar al-Saghir (Short Abridgment) is an indispensable text taught the world over. It is regarded as foundational for every Shafi`i student. The short abridgment regarding that which is absolutely essential to know for every Muslim in the ritual acts of devotion.
The text covers the rules of purification, prayer, fasting, zakat, and hajj, according to the Shafi`i school, along with a brief introduction to the rules of trade, marriage, and divorce.
The main investigation (area of study) is to expose students to a basic yet comprehensive fiqh text that covers all the ritual acts of worship and the very basics of Islamic Contract Law.
- This is the second course in Level One.
- Before taking this course, take The Absolute Essentials of Islam (Shafi‘i).
- Take this course before taking any course in Level Two.
- Understand slave-hood to Allah Most High and why it is important.
- Learn the rules of purification and prayer that you are likely to encounter in your daily life.
- Memorize the most important rules of wudu and ghusl, prayer, zakat, fasting, hajj, and contracts.
- Appreciate the rigor of the science of Sacred Law (fiqh).