Instructor: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
The words of our beloved Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) are full of significant lessons that we can benefit from. Among his preserved discourse was his sermons, particularly his address during the farewell hajj of his lifetime.
This course is a critical analysis of the entire sermon of the Prophet, deriving practical lessons for students to benefit from in a modern context. At the end of this course, students will understand the general framework and 16 themes of the final Prophetic sermon. They will also learn the various lessons derived from these themes.
This course gears students to become acquainted with the Islamic perspective on the wisdom of law, the importance of justice, having concern for others, trusting Allah Most High, and more. It is a great course to build beginner-level familiarity with the life story of the Messenger of Allah and the general message he brought to humanity.
Who is This Course For?
• This course is for teenagers and adult students alike.
• It is particularly beneficial for beginner khatibs.
• It is an On-Demand course. Students do not need any prerequisite courses to successfully complete this course.
• This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning about the Prophet’s primary concern for Muslims and getting insight into his speaking style.
• Describe the general themes of the final sermon.
• Understand the various lessons derived from the final sermon.
• Understand the wisdom of the Sacred Law and Divine justice.
• Distinguish between the different levels of concern for others; individual, societal, and human.
• Generally understand aspects of the Prophet’s life story.
About the Instructor
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani spent ten years studying with some of the leading scholars of recent times, first in Damascus, and then in Amman, Jordan. His teachers include the foremost theologian of recent times in Damascus, the late Shaykh Adib al-Kallas (may Allah have mercy on him), as well as his student Shaykh Hassan al-Hindi, one of the leading Hanafi fuqaha of the present age. He returned to Canada in 2007, where he founded SeekersGuidance in order to meet the urgent need to spread Islamic knowledge–both online and on the ground–in a reliable, relevant, inspiring, and accessible manner. He is the author of: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Faith, Prayer, and the Path of Salvation According to the Hanafi School (White Thread Press, 2004.) Since 2011, Shaykh Faraz has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center.
|Number of Lessons||2|
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Distinguish between true religious knowledge that is beneficial and ostensibly religious knowledge that is not
- Identify instances of the sins of the limbs (particularly those of the tongue)
- Identify instances of the sins of the heart
- Complete a regimen of protecting your tongue from sin
- Improve your character with your teachers, relatives, friends, and strangers
- Appreciate the spiritual value of good company