Cultivating mindfulness of Allah Most High is a process that every Muslim struggles with. We spend much time in heedlessness of Allah, lacking consciousness of His ever-present and enveloping Mercy.
This course unpacks the meanings of Sura al-Rahman, serving as a reminder for students and encouraging them to reflect upon the signs of the Mercy of Allah. Students will learn the main themes of this sura and gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of Allah's Mercy upon humanity.
Along with a translation and explanation of the verses in this sura, there is a particular emphasis upon cultivating awe of Allah Most High. Completing this course will help students develop gratitude by viewing all aspects of their lives under the lens of Allah's Mercy.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- This course is for students of all ages.
- It is particularly beneficial for students and teachers of the Qur’an.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in an introduction to, and familiarization of, Qur’anic studies.
- It is an On-Demand course. Students do not need any prerequisite courses to successfully complete this course.
- Understand the overarching themes of Sura al-Rahman.
- Develop an appreciation of the meanings of the Qur’an.
- Generally understand the mercy and glory of Allah.
- Cultivate awe of Allah Most High.
- Describe the Day of Judgment, Paradise, and Hellfire.