Death—the destroyer of all pleasures—is a guaranteed part of human existence. Yet, no one is certain about how much time they
have in this world. Some leave as young people, some are taken in middle age, and others as elders. One truth remains the same: everyone has to leave this
ephemeral world. However, it is upon us to act with dignity and observe the best of etiquette whenever one's time draws close.
This On-Demand course covers the many aspects of the human experience surrounding death. It includes understanding the decree of Allah Most High and preparing ourselves physically and spiritually for death.
By taking this course, students will learn the etiquettes of the dying person, those around them, and what to do after someone has passed. They will also learn about grieving the loss of a loved one and what the living can do for the dead.
- This course is for youth and adults alike.
- It is particularly beneficial for anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning more about how to help others who may be grieving.
- It is an On-Demand course. Students do not need any prerequisite courses to successfully complete this course.
- Understand the importance of preparing for death and regularly remembering it.
- Understand the etiquettes required of a sick and/or dying person.
- Understand the etiquettes of visiting a dying person.
- Describe what to do with a person upon their death (funerals, inheritance, wills, etc.)
- Understand how to generally deal with loss and grief.
- Generally understand one’s emotions, mind, heart, and soul.