How do I renew my faith and renew my connection with my Lord and Creator? Sura al-Hadid is a 29-verse sura containing key guidance on renewing faith through reflection (fikr) and remembrance (dhikr).
It contains powerful reminders on awakening to the reality of the Glory of Allah, the fleeting essence of this life, and the lasting reality of the next life.
It contains key calls to live our faith through sacrifice, charity, concern for good, and strengthening our connection to the Beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).
It asks the deep question: “Has the time not come for believers’ hearts to be humbled by the Remembrance of Allah and what has been revealed of the Truth?” [v.16]
Then it outlines the way of the Prophets, the way of faith and striving. This way is the means to “the doubled share of Divine Mercy,” [v. 28] and all true joy.
This course explores these themes through reference to the great Tafsirs (commentaries) on the Quran, and brings out the life lessons on faith, devotion, submission, and spirituality. It will give students a lot to reflect on their relationship with Allah, and their approach to life, their priorities, and time.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
The Quran is the Book of Guidance. Allah Most High calls us to reflect deeply on it, and the Beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The best of you are those who learn and teach the Quran.” [Bukhari]
The course is based on the great tradition of Quranic exegesis (tafsir), through which the understanding of the Quran has been preserved, protected, and its guidance clarified.
Among the major Tafsir works Shaykh Faraz Rabbani refers to: (1) Tafsir Abu Su`ud; (2) Tafsir Ibn Kathir; (3) Tafsir al-Qurtubi; (4) Hashiya al-Sawi on Tafsir al-Jalalayn; (5) Ibn Ajiba’s al-Bahr al-Madid; (6) Razi’s al-Tafsir al-Kabir; (7) Tafsir al-Alusi; (8) Ibn Ashur’s al-Tahrir wa’l Tanwir; (9) Qushayri’s Lata’if al-Isharat; and (10) Biqa`i’s Nadhm al-Durar, among others
- This course is for Muslims of all ages seeking to deepen their appreciation and understanding of the Book of Allah.
- It is particularly beneficial for those seeking to renew their connection to Allah Most High, to the Quran, to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), and to renew their faith and practice.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in Quran Studies, Islamic Beliefs, and Spirituality.
- It is a general course. There are no prerequisites required to successfully complete this course.
- Recommended: 2 hours weekly
- Understand a complete, beautiful Sura of the Quran
- Appreciate the beauty, depth, and rich meanings of Sura al-Hadid.
- Reflect on the Glory of Allah, His Attributes, and the Truth of His Promise.
- Consider their life relationship with Allah, their priorities, and have the guidance to put what matters first in their life.
- Act on key principles of guidance, and specific calls to good that will enable them to prioritize their faith, and bring meaning, beauty, and the clarity and contentment of certitude in their lives.
- Learn key concepts of Islam, including the Glory of Allah Most High, how we view this life and its purpose, the reality of the Hereafter—and, most importantly, what ultimately matters.