This is a Level One course in the Youth Curriculum.
Ashiq Ilahi al-Bulandshehri was a scholar from India who compiled this work from a famous collection of hadith called, “Mishkat al Masabih.” It is a collection of excellent short hadith perfect for beginners on the path of learning about the religion of Islam.
This course is beneficial for youth to learn the hadith of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) and to attain a strong foundation in the key concepts of Islamic teachings. This is a solid supplementary class to our offering on “Introduction to Hadith” class.
In this class, students will learn how to read and understand hadith and practical guidance. This course is excellent as it addresses many topics that are pivotal in a Muslim’s life.
- Teacher: Imam Yama Niazi
This text is called, “Provisions for the Seekers” and has translated key hadith into English from an array of topics focused on short but precise prophetic statements (jawami’ kalim).
The text is a collection of hadiths that highlight important aspects of the faith ranging from purification and prayer to key topics like gratitude and renunciation and good character and much more. It is significant because it is vital to the knowledge of young Muslims to learn key concepts and practices in their daily lives. This text will give a strong base for youth to understand prophetic teachings.
It is an excellent elective to strengthen one’s faith and practice. The translation itself has an excellent commentary.
- This course is for youth ages 12-18 and anyone who is a beginner in seeking knowledge.
- It is particularly beneficial for everyone at a beginners level.
- It is a Level One course and General. There are no prerequisites.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning or memorizing hadith.
- Understand key important hadith
- Understand foundational principles of faith
- Understand basic structure of hadith literature
- Apply practical guidance to your daily life
- Memorize short hadith
- Gain a good understanding of Islamic teachings in general