The main purpose of this course is to teach Youth the necessary matters related to faith or creed. It is an obligation to learn about God and His Prophets and matters related to the hereafter and the unseen. Without this important class, one is unable to recognize and distinguish between sound faith or a corrupt creed. In this course, the focus is to teach the core beliefs that all Muslims must hold on to, and align their hearts and minds with. The concepts covered in this course include knowledge of the divine and the purpose of life.
Correct understanding of our faith is the most important duty for our youth to understand. This course provides all the necessary elements of knowledge which lead one to correct beliefs and a sound heart. It also solves some of the doubts that youth have about God and faith. This course is instrumental in establishing a strong foundation in religion.
- Teacher: Dirie Ahmed
This course is primarily based on the Hadith of Jibreel. It is not based on a particular text. It is supplemented by other commentaries which aid in clarifying the deeper angles of creed for a beginner. The Hadith of Jibreel is very comprehensive and articulate. It covers major aspects of the Islamic faith. It is short yet full of rich meanings. It is a hadith you must connect to and live by for all your life.
- This course is for ages 12-18
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in knowing the basic tenets of faith concerning God, Prophets, Angels, Revelation, the Hereafter, and Destiny.
- It is a Level One course. Students do not need any prerequisite to complete this course.
- Understand the foundations of the Islamic faith.
- Connect to their faith in a confident manner.
- Gain clarity on the purpose of existence.
- Distinguish between sound creed and disbelief.
- Develop an awareness of the consequences of their actions. Identify the difference between revelation and intellect.