This general On-Demand course will help you understand what it entails to have a disciplined tongue.
Allah Most High created this world and bestowed upon us the power to execute great endeavors using our ability to speak. In the teachings of Islamic spirituality, the tongue is called “the mirror of the heart.” In other words, what appears on our tongue indicates what is in our hearts.
This becomes even truer in those unguarded moments when anger, frustration, or stress gets the best of us. Our tongues lose any sense of discipline, which is entirely contradictory and unnatural to a tongue that is inclined towards that which is beautiful and wholesome.
Allah Most High says: “Not a word does one utter, except that there is an (angel) watching, ready to record it.” (Quran, 15:18)
If there is any part of our body we should guard most, it should be the tongue. It impacts everything we do and everything we will become, which is why it must be controlled and carefully guarded so that we don’t get in trouble.
By taking this course, you will learn the sins of the tongue and how to avoid them. You will also gain an appreciation of the power of positive, beneficial speech.
- This course is for teenagers and adults.
- It is a General Level course. There are no prerequisites required to successfully complete this course.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in learning how to control their tongue.
- Learn the importance of guarding the tongue.
- Understand the sins of the tongue and how to avoid them.
- Define beneficial speech.
- Explain the virtue of protecting the heart.
- Realize the virtues of remembrance of Allah.