Getting married is a great step in the Muslim’s life. We often neglect our Marriage contracts and agreements–with serious future consequences. Shaykh Faraz Rabbani covers the importance of having well-thought-out marriage contracts and agreements, what to include, and how to approach sensitive discussions to agree on these.
This course is important for anyone getting married, or looking to get married–and also for parents preparing for the marriage of their children.
We will also see the practical application of the principles of the Quran and Sunna, the richness of the legal tradition of Islam, and how its application is dynamic–and addresses the changing circumstances of each age.
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani is a world-renowned scholar of the Islamic sciences, the founder of SeekersGuidance, and consistently listed as one of the most influential Muslims in the world in the annual Muslim 500 list.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani is basing this Seminar on the classical works of Islamic law, particularly in the Hanafi school, and the writings and guidance of major living scholars–including his teachers.
- Those getting married–now or in the future
- Parents of those young Muslims reaching marriage age
- Married couples looking to adjust their marriage contracts or establish a marriage agreement–to reduce disputes.
- Understand the importance of Marriage Contracts and Agreements
- The wisdom and benefit of giving women the conditional right of divorce in the marriage contract
- Understand what to include in Marriage Agreenents–and the benefits of agreeing on such matters in advance
- Appreciate the wisdom, mercy, and just balance of Divine Guidance and Prophetic teachings