Introduction

Introduction

by Shaykh Yusuf Weltch -
Number of replies: 2

Asalamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu

My name is Yusuf Weltch and I will be the active instructor for this course.

I would like to say, May Allah bless all of you in your seeking of knowledge. This forum will be open for any question you have related to this course 'Nawawi's 40 Hadith'. Do not be shy as we are in your service and hope to be of assistance to you in your journey to seek sacred knowledge.

Allah bless

Yusuf Weltch

In reply to Shaykh Yusuf Weltch

Re: Introduction

by Dylan Whitney -
wa alaykum as salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

my dear beloved shaykh, it is so nice to be able to take knowledge from you. Do you have any advice for me how to make the most of this course in particular and studying at seekers guidance in general? So you know about me I am Dylan, I converted to Islam almost 6 years ago, and I wish to be a scholar ... I hope that is not a bad intention.

Please make dua for me that I never become a scholar of the dunya and that I become a humble vehicle for preservation of sacred knowledge and living tradition and that I am a sincere inheritor of Habib Allah sollallahu alayhi wa ala ahlihi wa salam
In reply to Dylan Whitney

Re: Introduction

by Shaykh Yusuf Weltch -
May Allah bless you Brother Dylan.

Your intention to become a scholar, in essence, is an intention to become one of the inheritors of the Prophetic legacy-this could never be a bad intention.

For this book, you want to focus on the principles that are derived from the Hadith collected by Imam al-Nawawi. Memorizing the Hadith is done in many seminaries/Islamic cirriculums around the world.

However, keep you focus on understanding the principles.
Hope this helps
Allah bless you