Non existence

Re: Non existence

by Hossein Turner -
Number of replies: 0

I am not really qualified to respond. But I am not sure that non-existence actually is a rational concept. Things don't go into "non-existence" or come from "non-existence". They simply become manifest from the realm of His Knowledge and then dissapear behind the veil and into the realm of "malakut". The Turkish scholar Bediuzzaman Said Nursi called non-existence "absolute evil":

"It has been unanimously accepted by verifying scholars and saints of spiritual discovery that non-existence is pure evil and that existence is pure good. Good, beauty, and excellence or perfection usually have their source in existence and are attributed to it. Even if sometimes they may superficially appear to be destructive and lead to non-existence, they are essentially constructive, positive and serve existence. Yet all instances of ugliness, such as misguidance, sins, and calamities originate and serve non-existence and destruction. Even if they may sometimes seem to be constructive and related to existence, they are essentially negative, destructive, and both originate and lead to non-existence.

Also, it is an observable fact that the existence of something like a building requires the existence of all of its parts, while its destruction or non-existence is possible through the non-existence of one of its main parts. Furthermore, existence requires and is based on a certain cause, which we call its raison d’être (reason for being). Whereas non-existence may be based on things that originate in and lead to non-existence.

It is because of these two rules that despite the terrible, destructive actions and varieties of unbelief, misguidance, and evil which they perpetrate, those who can be considered to be devils among the humans and jinn cannot have any part in creation or the Divine authority over existence. They do not commit such evils based on a creative power, but rather commit them by causing good, positive, and constructive things to be neglected and left undone. For anything evil, which is destruction, does not require existence or inventive power. Rather, something originating in non-existence or the ruin of a necessary part causes a great destruction or evil."

Source:Non Existence Is Pure Evil and That Existence Is Pure Good - Risale-i Nur (risaleinur.com)