Question Regarding the Truth of Allah's Promise

Question Regarding the Truth of Allah's Promise

by Daniyal Ahmed -
Number of replies: 1
Asalamualaikum Warahamatullah,

I appreciate all of you who have put this course together, it has been very beneficial for me. I come asking a question. I understand the rational proofs behind the existence of God, and his attributes of being necessarily existent, eternal, distinct, independent, and one. My question is, how do we know when Allah promises paradise for the believers and hellfire for the nonbelievers, that He is true in making this promise? Can Allah not fulfil this promise? After all, we are insignificant creatures to him. Is it that God's promise must necessarily be true? Or that it is impossible for God to lie? If so, what are the proofs for these claims

How I've rationalized this in my mind, is that God makes statements in the Quran predicting various things that ultimately come true. For instance, the conquest of Makkah, the victory of the Romans, and the cursing of Abu Lahab (he ultimately dies a nonbeliever). God also supports the believers throughout the revelation in messages of comfort, support from angels, and ultimately the establishment of Islam in Arabia. If God has a proven track record of always telling the truth, what reason do we have to believe that his promise would be false? I'm just curious if any of the theologians have other arguments for this.

Salam,
Daniyal Ahmed
In reply to Daniyal Ahmed

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.