Lesson 6: Uncreated Qur'an & question about live classes

Lesson 6: Uncreated Qur'an & question about live classes

by Safee Lone -
Number of replies: 1

Asalam Alaikum Dearest Teachers and fellow learners,

Could one of the teachers please check if I have understood the meaning of the uncreatedness of the Qur'an correctly:

The Word of Allah is one of His attributes, like His knowledge, power, will, etc. It is not something separate from Him, nor does it have a beginning or an end. It is not composed of letters, sounds, or meanings, but it is the source of all of them. It is beyond human comprehension and expression .

The Quran (what is written down) is the revelation of the Word of Allah to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It is the expression of the Word of Allah in human language, Arabic. It is composed of letters, sounds, and meanings that convey the message of Allah to His creation. It has a beginning and an end, and it is subject to the rules of grammar, syntax, and rhetoric .

However, the Qur'an is uncreated because its meanings indicate some of what is indicated by Allah's Attribute of Speech.

So is it right to say that from one perspective, the Quran is His Allah's eternal Word, which is uncreated? From another perspective, the Quran (the masaahif) is the created and temporal words, which are written and recited, and which indicate to the eternal Word of Allah?

I'd appreciate any clarifications on this matter.

Secondly, Is there an updated list of the live classes? The schedule on the forum only goes up to May 2023.

Jazakum Allah Khairan

In reply to Safee Lone

Re: Lesson 6: Uncreated Qur'an & question about live classes

by Mawlana Irshaad Sedick -
Wa ‘alaykum as-salam wa rahmatuLlahi wa barakatuh

I have read your summary, and it appears to be sound. The course had live sessions while it was recorded, and now you can access the recordings at your leisure while enjoying interactive participation in these forums in sha Allah.

بارك الله فيكم