This beneficial On-Demand course explains the significance of the first Islamic month, Muharram. Muharram is a very special month in Islam. Not only does it mark the start of a new year but it is from what Allah deems the sacred months.
Allah Most High says, "God decrees that there are twelve months - ordained in God’s Book on the Day when He created the heavens and earth, four months of which are sacred: this is the correct calculation. Do not wrong your souls in these months, though you may fight the idolaters at any time, if they first fight you, remember that God is with those who are mindful of Him". (Quran, 9:36)
In this course, Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat teaches the significance of this sacred month. He gives valuable advice on how to reflect upon the previous year and start the new Islamic year the right way. He also comments on historical events that took place in Muharram and their spiritual relevance today, including Prophet Musa's escape from Pharoah and Prophet Muhammad's (Allah bless him and give him peace) Hijra from Mecca.
- This course is for teenagers and adults.
- It is a General Level course. No prerequisites are required to successfully complete this course.
- Understand the significance of Muharram.
- Learn how to reflect upon the previous year.
- Learn how to start the new Islamic year the right way.
- Understand how to benefit from this sacred month to address life’s challenges.