This first step in our Online Learning Arabic program teaches the student how to greet and speak about family in Arabic.
- Teacher: Ustadha Shazia Ahmad
Al-Arabiyya Bayna Yadayka (العربية بين يديك) is a famous textbook used worldwide for teaching Modern Standard Arabic to non-native speakers. It focuses on teaching culture, grammar and basic conversation, as well as parts of Islam. Accompanied by sound files, it provides ample practice for each of the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking We are using the first of the eight volumes. This textbook is ideal for this curriculum because it contains the necessary teachings for language fluency while being broken down into easy, manageable steps.
This course is intended for non-native speakers of Arabic from the age of 14 years and over, who know how to read in Arabic, and are interested in picking up Arabic speaking skills rapidly and increasing their understanding of the Holy Quran.
- Acquire their first Arabic vocabulary.
- Learn to greet others and introduce oneself
- Speak about one’s nationality.
- Introduce someone to others.
- Speak about one’s immediate family and the immediate family of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace).
- Speak about praying, making wudu and learning the numbers from one to ten.