Quiz 2: "Allah is one" - rationally necessary or morally necessary?

Quiz 2: "Allah is one" - rationally necessary or morally necessary?

by Azhar Chowdhury -
Number of replies: 3

Salaam alaykum

Was wondering if anyone could shed light on the following answers:

How is believing that Allah is one morally necessary, but the statement "Allah is one" is rationally necessary?

In reply to Azhar Chowdhury

Re: Quiz 2: "Allah is one" - rationally necessary or morally necessary?

by Bilal Boumaiza -
Wa aleykum as Salam wa rahmatullah,

I am not a teacher, however the way i understood it is as follows:

The reason, why "Allah is one" is not a morally necessary statement. I assume, that it is due to the statement not being a command, not being directed to someone, who is morally responsible (Mukallaf) and it does not make an action required, interdicted or allowed. Since the definition of a legal/moral ruling is: "The legal ruling (hukm shar`i) is the command of Allah to those morally responsible to make an action required, interdicted, or allowed.

As for the statement "to believe Allah is one": There exists various Ayat of Quran, wherein Allah commands us to believe in his Oneness. This command is directed at the morally responsible from his servants. And believe is an action, that is required. Therefore the statement "to believe Allah is one" fits the definition of a legal/moral ruling and is for that reason a morally (shar'i) necessary (Wajib) one.

And Allah knows best.
I hope, I could help you and I ask Allah, that he increases us in knowledge and makes us from his humble slaves.

Re: Quiz 2: "Allah is one" - rationally necessary or morally necessary?

by kyeswa fuad -
walaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
in regards to question 17
according to what i understood from the opening lecture is that something rational has to make sense
for example "Allah being one" if there were other authorities there could have been contradictions in matters of control of the creation and much more hence it is rationally necessary that "Allah is one"......... and Allah knows best

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.