I'm your new Active Instructor

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 8
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Mawlana Irshaad Sedick

Re: I'm your new Active Instructor

by Mohsin T -
As-Salāmu `Alaykum, Shaykh

I have two questions. The first concerns lesson one of this course, and the second - although it is not related to the lesson - concerns the science of `aqīda.

1) Shaykh Faraz mentioned that the Science of Belief is the noblest of the sciences. However, it is mentioned in ash-Shifā that the pious predecessors disliked discussing about anything that does not involve action. The Science of Belief does not really involve action, does it? I have also read other sayings of the pious predecessors that seem to condemn it. How can we reconcile these two statements?

2) Certain books on theology (e.g: Ibn Abi al-Izz's commentary on the Tahawiyya and Imām Alī al-Qārī's commenary on Imām Abū Hanīfa's Fiqh al-Akbar) begin with the fact that theology is the noblest science but then proceed to censure it. Why is this?
In reply to Mohsin T

by Mohsin T -
Jazāk Allah Khayr, Shaykh, for your answer,
I just have a question regarding your answer. When the pious predecessors condemned Ilm al-Kalām ("If kalām was a science, the companions would have studied it". "Take fiqh and beware kalām" etc. (I hope my translations are correct)). were they directing the censure toward the laymen?

Best regards,
Mohsin
In reply to Mohsin T

by Mohsin T -
Also, didn't the salaf say that fiqh was nobler than other sciences ("Everything besides learning the Quran, Hadith and fiqh is whispers of the devil"-Imam ash-Shafi'i, "Learn fiqh for it's the noblest science" -Imam Muhammad)
In reply to Mohsin T

by Mohsin T -
Jazāk Allah Khayr , Shaykh, for your time and patience in answering my questions.
In reply to Mohsin T

In reply to Mohsin T