Hadith qudsi also speech of Allah?

Hadith qudsi also speech of Allah?

by Miah muhammad -
Number of replies: 3

I was wondering and had something pass by, I know that Hadith Qudsi wording and phrasing is from Allah, although we know that it’s been transmitted to the prophet ﷺ and he narrates what’s been said from Allah. So would we also ascribe the eternal attribute speech for Hadith Qudsi as well? Since they are from Allah, and that they indicate the some of Allah’s eternal attribute of speech, Jazakallahu khair.

In reply to Miah muhammad

Re: Hadith qudsi also speech of Allah?

by Mawlana Irshaad Sedick -
Wa ‘alaykum as-salam wa rahmatuLlahi wa barakatuhu

Thank you for this beautiful and exciting question. I have spent the last two hours reading up on this matter. Once I gather my thoughts, I shall get back to you in sha Allah. Please do remind me if you are still waiting to hear from me in a few days.

Thank you.
Irshaad Sedick
In reply to Mawlana Irshaad Sedick

by Miah muhammad -
Aslamualaikum warahmutallahi wabarakatuhu shaykh, it has been a couple of days sorry for late reply I was a bit busy, but could you give your answer Jazakallahu khair if you can.
In reply to Miah muhammad

by Mawlana Irshaad Sedick -
Wa ‘alaykum as-salam wa Rahmatullah.

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Finding and processing a response to this excellent question took some time.

In summary, yes, in a sense, the hadith qudsi is attributed to the Kalam of Allah, i.e., it is from the speech from Allah by way of original ascription, but not in the same way as the Quran - as explained in most definitions and explanations of hadith qudsi. Herewith follows the text of the original source, in case you wish to understand the issue more thoroughly: Sharh Manzuma al-Bayquniyya by Shaykh ‘Abdullah Siraj Al-Din.

بارك الله فيكم