The main purpose of this course is to teach Youth the necessary matters related to faith or creed. It is an obligation to learn about God and His Prophets and matters related to the hereafter and the unseen. Without this important class, one is unable to recognize and distinguish between sound faith or a corrupt creed. In this course, the focus is to teach the core beliefs that all Muslims must hold on to, and align their hearts and minds with. The concepts covered in this course include knowledge of the divine and the purpose of life.
Correct understanding of our faith is the most important duty for our youth to understand. This course provides all the necessary elements of knowledge which lead one to correct beliefs and a sound heart. It also solves some of the doubts that youth have about God and faith. This course is instrumental in establishing a strong foundation in religion.
- Teacher: Dirie Ahmed
This course is primarily based on the Hadith of Jibreel. It is not based on a particular text. It is supplemented by other commentaries which aid in clarifying the deeper angles of creed for a beginner. The Hadith of Jibreel is very comprehensive and articulate. It covers major aspects of the Islamic faith. It is short yet full of rich meanings. It is a hadith you must connect to and live by for all your life.
- This course is for ages 12-18
- This course can also be taken by anyone who is interested in knowing the basic tenets of faith concerning God, Prophets, Angels, Revelation, the Hereafter, and Destiny.
- It is a Level One course. Students do not need any prerequisite to complete this course.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of the Islamic faith.
- Connect to their faith in a confident manner.
- Gain clarity on the purpose of existence.
- Distinguish between sound creed and disbelief.
- Develop an awareness of the consequences of their actions. Identify the difference between revelation and intellect.
This beneficial On-Demand course will give you a roadmap for a transformative Ramadan. First streamed during the lockdown of 2020, the course remains a beneficial refresher by providing practical, applicable tips and strategies on how one can prepare for the month of Ramadan.
This course includes an excellent lineup of speakers, each addressing a pertinent topic related to transformative fasting. It includes practical advice on having contentment with God’s decree; maximizing your worship at home; finding intimacy with God, taking care of your diet and exercise during this blessed month.
This course is a must if you are looking to prepare your heart, mind, and body to reap the benefits of Ramadan.
- This course is appropriate for learners of all ages.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- This course can be taken by anyone who is interested in learning practical tips for a transformative fasting experience.
- Develop contentment with the Divine decree.
- Learn how to approach God and prepare one’s heart for the blessings of God, particularly during times of seclusion and solitude.
- Learn how to conduct oneself in the best of ways at home.
- Learn how to worship and perform the spiritual retreat (i’tikaf) at home, particularly for women
- Gain an overview of some of the legal aspects of fasting and answers to practical questions.
- Equip themselves with strategies to look after one’s overall health during the month of Ramadan.
How does one revive one’s religion and relationship with Allah? In this critical class, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, Shaykh Abdullah Misra, and Shaykh Yusuf Weltch summarize the teachings of Imam Ghazali’s masterpiece of Islamic knowledge and spiritual guidance, Revival of the Religious Sciences (Ihya’ ‘Ulum al-Din).
This text is split into four quarters. Quarter One concentrates on knowledge, beliefs, and acts of worship. This quarter aims to take our worship from mere forms to deep acts of devotion–brought to life and revived through sincerity, excellence in following the sunna, and consistent action.
The condition for real worship is belief in our Lord. Belief, in turn, is based on knowledge. Accordingly, Imam Ghazali starts the journey of spirituality with knowledge, then beliefs, and then proceeds to worship.
By applying the lessons learned in this course, students will be able to develop reverence and awe, sincerity and presence of heart in their worship–be it prayer, fasting, zakat, or Hajj.
This class presents the key aspects of Imam Ghazali’s teachings without complicating issues. It allows people of all ages to benefit from a magnificent work of spirituality, and from practical teachings that relate to us in our day-to-day lives.
Essentially, through this course, the student will learn how to bring Prophetic guidance to life, practically and deeply.
The masterpiece of Imam Abu Hamid al-Ghazali, Ihya’ ‘Ulum al-Din, consists of forty Books organized into four Quarters. In this course, Quarter One of the Ihya’ on Excellence in Worship (Books 1 - 10), will be covered.
Imam Ghazali’s work is focused on teachings relevant to every stage of our lives. Said to be the greatest scholarly work from the writings of the scholars, the Ihya’ teaches the importance of cultivating spirituality through the Sacred Law - making it the practical tool all believers can benefit from.
The Ihya’ is about bringing religion into the lives of everyone who studies it. Religion is guidance, and guidance is beneficial knowledge. Imam Ghazali introduces all key concepts that are important to our live and afterlife–those things that have to be cultivated,rooted out of our hearts, and upheld at all times. This is why Imam Ghazali’s method of spirituality is often referred to as “practical spirituality.”
- This course is for adults, and for youth seeking to deepen their understanding of Islam.
- It is particularly beneficial for anyone seeking to connect Islamic knowledge to beneficial action, rectifying one’s relationship with Allah, and acquiring sincerity and presence with Allah.
- It is a general enrichment course that anyone can benefit from.
- Distinguish between praiseworthy and blameworthy types of knowledge.
- Learn the etiquettes of seeking knowledge.
- Understand what we believe about Allah Most High.
- Learn how to cultivate God-consciousness in our prayer.
- Understand the etiquettes of giving in charity.
- Realize the true reality of fasting.
- Understand how we can take our fasting to the next level.
- Learn the virtues of the Quran.
- Learn the etiquettes of reciting the Quran.
- Learn the merits and etiquettes of supplication (dua).
- Realize the importance of establishing spiritual routines.
- Understand how night worship can be facilitated.