This course will cover the basics of what all Muslims must know in order to live their lives believing correctly. This includes the attributes of Allah Most High, the attributes of the prophets (peace and blessings be upon them all), transmitted beliefs and issues related to the Hereafter.
These tenets of belief are important for every Muslim to know because they relate to the very foundation of faith. Furthermore, in these times, with so much talk of different beliefs or the absence thereof, people may have influenced beliefs without realizing it. It is thus imperative to have a basic understanding of the Islamic creed.
This class will provide a good understanding of what the line is between truth and falsehood. It will allow one to understand the parameters of conceptualizing Allah and understand what to believe about the Creator and Maker of everything.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Know and understand the basic beliefs of Islam
- Substantiate the reasons for the Islamic beliefs
- Understand the foundations of scholarly methodology
- Appreciate the nuance and precision of the Islamic creed
- Cultivate faith and certitude
Learn how to pray with presence of heart with Allah, according to the call of the Quranic call to, “Establish prayer for My remembrance,” [Quran, 20:14].
In this course, we cover one of the greatest classical texts on praying with excellence, Habib Hasan al-Bahr al-Jifri’s Salat al-Muqarrabin (The Prayer of Those Close to Allah). Shaykh Faraz Rabbani explains and contextualizes how to bring the means of presence of heart, humbledness, awe, reverence, love, gratitude, awe, and beholding into our prayers.
Allah Most High tells us, “True believers have succeeded forever: Those who in their prayer are humbled in devotion…” [23:1-2]
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
The Prayer of Those Close to Allah (Salat al-Muqarrabin) is a brief but comprehensive text explaining how to pray with excellence—preparing to pray; each part of the prayer; and completing the prayer.
At each step, Habib Hasan al-Bahr al-Jifri shares deep spiritual insights with eye-opening clarity on how to bring our prayer to life; how to be present with Allah in our prayer; how to behold Allah; how to experience love, joy, reverence, awe, humility, gratitude, and the other central meanings Allah and the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) have called us to uphold in a truly transformative prayer.
- Understanding how to pray with presence of heart.
- Appreciate the importance of presence of heart (hudur) and reverence (khushu) in prayer
- Know the works of the heart for each part of the prayer.
- Understand the central spiritual virtues of Islam—love, gratitude, reverence, awe, humility, and joy—that are the keys to attaining Closeness (Qurb) to Allah, in accordance to the call of Allah and the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).
This beneficial On-Demand course will give you a roadmap for a transformative Ramadan. First streamed during the lockdown of 2020, the course remains a beneficial refresher by providing practical, applicable tips and strategies on how one can prepare for the month of Ramadan.
This course includes an excellent lineup of speakers, each addressing a pertinent topic related to transformative fasting. It includes practical advice on having contentment with God’s decree; maximizing your worship at home; finding intimacy with God, taking care of your diet and exercise during this blessed month.
This course is a must if you are looking to prepare your heart, mind, and body to reap the benefits of Ramadan.
- This course is appropriate for learners of all ages.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- This course can be taken by anyone who is interested in learning practical tips for a transformative fasting experience.
- Develop contentment with the Divine decree.
- Learn how to approach God and prepare one’s heart for the blessings of God, particularly during times of seclusion and solitude.
- Learn how to conduct oneself in the best of ways at home.
- Learn how to worship and perform the spiritual retreat (i’tikaf) at home, particularly for women
- Gain an overview of some of the legal aspects of fasting and answers to practical questions.
- Equip themselves with strategies to look after one’s overall health during the month of Ramadan.