Allah created spouses for us as a means of emotional fulfillment. He places between the couple deep, loving concern, and a bond of love which is shown through acts of kindness.
However, this can be elevated beyond physical and emotional interactions and turned into an act of worship that refines the soul too. Shaykh Faraz Rabbani and Ustadha Shireen Ahmed explain in this course how one can make marriage the locus where the higher moral teachings of Islam are manifested.
Amongst the matters discussed are the purpose of marriage; what to look for in a potential spouse; the Qurʾanic bond; how to manifest good character to each other, and much more.
This course clearly lays out practical steps to embody the spirit of the teachings of the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, in looking for a spouse, getting married, and engaging with each other in a manner which is most pleasing to Allah. The focus is to transform the everyday interaction a couple has into a marriage that is a manifestation of one of Allah’s signs – a marriage that is for Allah.
- Teacher: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of marriage.
- Understand what to look for in a potential spouse.
- Understand that marriage is a bond of love.
- Realize that marriage can be turned into an act of worship that refines the soul.
- Learn how to transform everyday interactions between spouses into acts of worship.